I want to become a gynaecologist
December 2, 2020
My aim is to become an eye specialist
December 2, 2020
Show all

I want to enter into the field of Nuclear Physics

I am a Class 12 (Science) student. After my 12th I want to enter into the field of Nuclear Physics. Which are the colleges that offer this field of study? Does this field carries some scope for research in our country? How do I shape my career after my Class 12 examinations?

A Nuclear Physics deals with study of the structure of matter at the atomic level. The subject is mainly applied in nuclear power generation and nuclear weapons technology. A few other applications of the subject are nuclear medicine, ion implantation in material engineering, magnetic resonance imaging, and radiocarbon dating in geology and archaeology.

To enter into this field, you should have a good grounding in Physics. Start with an UG degree in Physics and go for PG with specialization in Nuclear Physics. You may also go for an Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D, degree after B.Sc (Hons). Some of the best institutes offering such courses are: Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai; IIT Mumbai, Delhi Kanpur, Kharagpur, Guwahati, Madras and Roorkee: The Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc), Chennai; Harish Chandra Research Institute (HRT), Allahabad; Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER) at Pune, Mohali, Kolkata, Trivandrum and Bhopal, and also at the National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) at Bhubaneswar.


Picture Credit : Google

Comments are closed.